Mother/Daughter Road Trip Spring Break 2018
Two nights and one full day at this magical place is simply not enough time! I wouldn’t call the constant precipitation sideways rain as much as a pummeling mist. Pacific Northwesterners know what I’m talking about. Unfortunately, due to weather and time restrictions, we didn’t see half of what was available so have made plans to come back during the summer and we’ll bring the entire family!
- Historic – plenty of learning opportunities for kids and adults alike. There are few places in Washington with a history as long and rich as Port Townsend, which is older than Seattle and Tacoma and retains much of its original charm.
- Great walking trails.
- Lodging in the Officer’s Quarters is a unique and fun experience.
- Breathtaking views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca, Mt. Baker and Whidbey Island.
- The Port Townsend Marine Science Center is worth checking out.
- There are several on-site food options.
- Convenience store next to beach sites.
- Conference center.
- Camping bathroom and laundry facilities are top-notch.
- Cell service is great and you can even get a decent TV signal from Seattle.